Sunday, September 1, 2013

Mish says the US government uses terrorism.

I like to keep an eye on what thought leaders in our society are saying because what they say somehow resonates with people.  While Mish (Mike Shedlock) is no big fancy politician, he has earned the respect of millions through his data and fact-driven reporting of economic and political-economic events since before the housing bubble peaked in 2006.  Mish is aware of his public visibility so if he says something that sounds controversial he is either going to have data to back it or he is going to have thought about the blowback that such statements could have on his readers before he pens the words.

Today, for the first time that I can recall, Mish accused the US government of using terrorism.  Of course I have been writing this same thing for years.  It is and has been completely obvious to me that 911 was an inside job.  The fake acting by the players wouldn't get them a job on a 3am soap opera but the whole notion of the US government having gone rogue is so extreme to most people that they cannot even entertain the thought which means they cannot process the facts.  I've come to the conclusion that this is not their choice; this is their herding instinct controlling them.  Sadly, most people are more afraid of being ostracized by the herd and mocked than they are of tyrannical government.

For some reason, perhaps a genetic defect, I frankly don't give a $hit whether people agree with me or not, or even if they read my blog.  I am not prone to flights of fancy but when I see something, I say something.  You might notice that I have not opened this blog up to ads.  I provide it as a service.  True, my readership is low with only 42,000 page views since I began writing it.  But those hits are still worth a few bucks a month to advertisers, especially because my topic is focused.  But from the start I chose not to have ads on this blog, ever, because I did not want my opinions controlled by the threat that they would turn off ad revenue.

So while I am and have been happy to explain that the US government is a corrupt, terrorist operation hiding behind fake patriotism, Mish has taken a good deal longer to voice this opinion.  His first steps into this arena were somewhat careful ones.  He never comes right out and says "I think the US government is a terrorist organization", but he does say that the US government uses terrorist methods.   He wrote: 

"Terror is a method. It is not possible to win a war on a method.... Place yourself in the shoes of the average Pakistani who has lost a friend or family member in drone attacks. Would you think the US was an enemy? Of course you would.  Would you view those drone attacks as an act of terror? Of course you would. The US is making enemies hand over fist with its drone policy (which itself is an act of terror killing innocent civilians along the way).  How can you when a war on method, especially when you use the method yourself?"

What interests me about this is not that he said it or that I value his opinion on these matters more than my own.  No, what is important is that he has something to lose (ad revenue from a very successful blog) and yet he's not worried (finally) about making such "outlandish" and "conspiratorial" sounding statements.  In other words, I view his statements as a reflection of the mentality of the herd.  People are finally coming around to the truth that we have an out of control government and they are speaking out about it more and more.  The idea is beginning to resonate with the masses.

As I have said many times, government is running a racket based on fiat currency and fractional reserve lending.  None of this war mongering would be possible without the broad belief and confidence that our fake money has any value (it in fact does not).  The more people that call the racket a racket, the less power the con men have to con the patsies.  I believe that the power of the US government to push everyone around is completely tied to how much faith people have in our fake money system.  Or, said differently, people's failing belief in our fake money system will be observable through the reduced ability of the US government to bully everyone as they have in the past. 

Of course, bullies rarely go away quietly.  They often have to test whether or not they still have the power to abuse their victims.  I believe that fight is coming to America and probably in the not-too-distant future.  It will pay everyone to think about what that might mean to them personally and how they will protect their families (and their constitutional freedoms) when the government finally removes the mask of democracy and shows its true tyrannical colors.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More