Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I absolutely endorse Edward Snowden for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Snowden is a hero.  He risked himself in order to uncover government corruption and power grabs.  Now two Norwegian politicos have nominated him for the Nobel Peace Prize. When one considers the idiocy of giving Obama this same prize for having done absolutely nothing it makes me think that justice would be served to simply strip him of that undeserved honor and give it to Snowden.  But who wants it after Obama has had anything do do with it?  If I were Snowden and they gave me that prize then I would tell the American people that I would only accept it IFF the American people demanded that I be given full amnesty from any charges and be allowed to travel the world, including the US, without fear of US government attacks.  The reason?  What good is a peace prize if it doesn't lead to FREEDOM.  Peace without freedom is nothing.  The American people would eat it up with a stick.

I am on record in these pages many times starting from when I first heard about what Snowden did with my view that he is a hero.  In fact he and Ron Paul are the only two people I have ever said that about.  It is not a term I bandy about in order to cop a headline like the main stream media and political jerks do.  If you ever get a chance to do something good toward the cause of helping Snowden, please do it.  I certainly have contributed cash to the cause of thanking him publicly.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More