Thursday, February 13, 2014

Buy and hold the gold miners! I like DRD Gold.

Playing with short term charts is all good and fun but it will not pay to get distracted from my metals and miners bottoming watch.  I love the miners.  I love GDX.  I love GDXJ.  Take a look at my TRX pick: up 16 percent more today.  Not exactly as modeled but certainly the same flavor.  

Buy any significant pullback in the gold miners.
























The broader markets keep threatening to break down and then grow stronger.   With gold and miners breaking out it seems like the markets may have more to run even as major companies have been reporting disappointing earnings and poor forecasts.  As long as bad news continues to be ignored or papered over, the herd is still moving north.  Perhaps the herd feels the need to give Yellen a chance.  Perhaps it will be a "walk away in May" year. 

I'll still be monitoring the broader markets for real signs of topping but the safe play right now is to go with the super beaten up metals and miners that are now beginning to show real signs of investor interest.  Along these lines I want to point out a stock I have been watching for years: DRD Gold.  It's a small miner just like so many others but its chart has been trying to form a bottom for years.  Now I see that it has put in a double bottom and so it is a good play for an asymmetrical bet.  Best way to play is to dollar cost average in over a couple weeks due to the high volatility.  This is like catching SPWR at the bottom IMO.







































No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More