Friday, October 24, 2014

WHO bureaucrat signs up to be Ebola vaccine guina pig.

Marie Paul Kieny of the WHO has vowed to eat her own dog food by taking the Ebola vaccine that her group is rushing through the development process.  First off, I know there is a chance that she will take a placebo instead of the real thing.  And if this were happening 1-2 years ago I would have thought exactly that.  But with the new wave toward conservatism and truth, I think she is actually going to honestly take her own medicine and for that I offer rare but well deserved in this case applause. 

I still think of her as a "lady suit" whose organization has been a NOP over the years while the employees collected outsized economic rewards for their non-contribution.  But to step forward and lead like this is admirable and I expect to see more of it as the new conservatism wave sweeps the world.  Liberals are all about "do as I say, not as I do".  Conservatives (that would be just about nobody in the US congress save a handful of true libertarians) are all about real leadership even if it means tough love.  But you can tell who the leaders are (as opposed to useless elite in leader's clothing): true leaders sacrifice something themselves.  Elite are always asking others to make the sacrifice.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More