Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Please use stops on triple leveraged ETFs folks.

Things tend to move pretty quickly in the shares I mention on this blog because I specifically picked what I write about to be volatile by nature.  Nobody can predict for certain what stocks will do tomorrow or the next day or next week or month!  And I don't mean "nobody like you and me".  I mean nobody at all. Not the best in the world.  IF they could they would all be filthy rich and own the planet.  So we know by definition that they can't.

In any case, JNUG is a good stock to think about your stops on.  In this recent post I modeled a near term bottom on JNUG.  Yes I thought I was correct and yes it turns out I was right this time but no I would not play this without using stops.  Now that we have a clear wave 1 put in, the wave must not fall below it before 5 upward waves have transpired or the model is bust.

These are easy rules to learn.  What is not easy is to practice discipline of using stops.  But trust me, they will save your bacon over and over and over again no matter what kind of market timing you practice.  I literally do not enter an order without using stops.  It is not always convenient but it is always smart.

Be smart, use stops!


No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More