Thursday, December 10, 2015

Cramer on [KMI]

This is my first post on Kinder Morgan, an oil pipeline operator whose shares have collapsed just like all other stocks that are associated with that nasty toxic goo called oil.  Of course, when prices are higher, oil is the lifeblood of the world upon which the sun rises and sets...

I was brought to looking at the Kinder Morgan (ticker:KMI) chart by none other than my old pal (not really) Jim Cramer who says sell it into strength.  Why people listen to bozo the clown Cramer I will never know but his accuracy rate just sucks.  In any case,  I want to be on record saying that I think KMI is a buy at today's price of $17.01 (well, buy the next dip of course) and that stops should be st a $14.99.

Don't ask me why there is a missing block of data for several years in the chart the data from 2011 is enough to see that it is a 4th wave which peaked mid 2015 and has now likely moved 5 waves down to bottom at $15.

From a fundamentals point of view, I would not own this because 44bn of debt (yes, 44) being held down by 332m cash is a lot of leverage but but from a charting view I would trade it because leverage cuts both ways.  It has clearly cut the price of the shares down from $105 to $15 and may eventually BK the company.  But not I think until a trip to the prior 4th and that is darned near a triple from here.

Other counts are possible and hard to check because I cannot see wave 1 down.  This might be the bottom of 3 of 3 of 3 for all we know but we have a nice unicorn tail in place which suggests that it is worth a trade if you BUY THE 3 wave DIP.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More