Tuesday, December 22, 2015

[SUNE] update

At the backlink I was expecting a backtest of support from above.  After such a rapid short term move up that was a warning to longs because of the percentages involved.  Below is a zoom in of the model given in that post.



Below is actual.  I thought I was going to buy this dip but I was off work today and wasn't at the computer this AM so I missed the big dip.  That being the case, I'm going to see if this now begins to take off in a 3 or C OR if today's swoon was just A of 2 and B of 2.  A double bottom here would be a good place to jump back in.



I have to say, I'm surprised that the government has not figured out that the stock market can be used for tax revenue generation just like the lotto.  All they have to do is buy the crap out of sun edison at these prices and then announce a few programs that will support its model with taxpayer money.  That will skyrocket the stock, kill the shorts dead.  Then the government sells into that strength, makes a few billion in the deal, spends half of it on the promised programs for sune and then does whatever a corrupt government does with money using the other half of the profits.  Who would complain?  Only the shorts and nobody cares about them anyhow.  I'm not requesting government to do this and they could only play the game occasionally before shorts just gave up on the markets completely anyhow.  In other words, I realize it is not a long term game.  I'm just saying I'm surprised they haven't thought of it given that it is so obvious.

4 comments:

Lilly said...

Bought Sune today at $4.15. Now is looking really bearish.

The Captain said...

Fortunately I held out until the close in case of the blue path and picked up a small amount for 3.3486 at market. I think the odds are growing rapidly that the bad news, at least for awhile, is all priced in. Besides I count this as C of 2 being complete.

Anonymous said...

Any update on SUNE, ORIG, CLF, VALE, GLNCY, LL and ENPH soon captain? They all been taking a beating the last few days.

Thank you captain.

The Captain said...

They will all likely trade with leverage to USO. Please see my latest USO post. I suspect that oil will put in a major, major bottom before the end of January and then USO will probably fly to $20 against the thinking of every single energy analyst out there. Everyone is totally bearish oil, acting like it's almost free to produce anymore when that is certainly not true.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More