Thursday, February 11, 2016

[ORIG] update

At the backlink I provided the model below with the commentary, "The bottom could have been put in today but I would expect blue 5 to be the length of blue 1.  Blue 1 is 5 or 5.5 units, so that is what we should expect from blue 5.  So we could end up with a unicorn tail down into the $0.66 range in the AM trading tomorrow in order to complete the wave. "



Current actual is below and so far it played out very similar to what my model was looking for:


Zooming in a bit.  This is even clearer that today's move was the 5th wave throw under of a falling wedge.  Since charting is "bullshit" to many people, who wants to bet against me on this call?  More importantly, I told you what would likely happen and it happened.  Did you take advantage of it?  If not (and I assume most people did not) can you say why?  Or was there some difficult to explain feeling that just wouldn't give you the confidence to do something even when it was suggested in advance what one should be looking for?   Yes I know the feeling.  It's your herding instinct.  We all have it.  Best to realize it and work to master it instead of denying it.

Just sayin'.

6 comments:

Chance_Nation said...

Didn't take advantage of it. Not because I doubted you, or the trade made me squeamish, but because I just haven't had much time on my hands lately. Your UGAZ research was very helpful. Natty is one of the areas that I like to focus on, and I was in at 1.50 and out at 1.72 the other day.

Since I've been pressed for time lately I'm cash and TLT. In a small position in SPY at the close because the data is showing me a chance for a moderate bounce.

Cheers, Captain.

macka said...

Stopped out at .77 and back in after sleeping in (kiwi time) at similar money. G

macka said...

Stopped out at .77 and back in on similar money as slept in and missed unicorn. (kiwi time) giving this a nudge but your guidance crucial. When are you setting up your sub site? kiwi Mack a.

The Captain said...

Macka,

Should be a good sized move coming to us at this point. ORIG is nowhere near declaring BK at this point, still making money in fact. The recent contract issues covered rigs that were coming off contract in Q1 and Q2 anyhow.

The Captain said...

I really do need to set up a sub site but I'm already choking down a lot of big things here in Q1. Buying land in the Bahamas on a canal 5 minutes from deep water and a 42' sporty to dock there.

Chance_Nation said...

Captain,

Just a thought, but if you set up a service for low frequency folks like me, I'd definitely be interested. Say like one high confidence trade per month. My suggested name is "The Captain's Top Shelf Trade". =)

Basically a text message that says something like: ORIG at a strike price of X, stops set at Y

Many thanks and good luck with the Bahamas!

Chance

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More