Wednesday, September 14, 2016

No boxes at FedEX in Austin.

Yesterday I stopped by FedEx in Austin to ship a couple of laptops for my company.  For the first time ever (and we are talking about years of using FedEx here) I found that they had no boxes of the type I needed.  In fact, they were clean out of multiple sizes.  I know this is a small thing, but I asked one of the employees there if FedEx was still in the shipping business and he just looked at me with a blank stare.

It probably means nothing and if it does not become a recurring issue then I'll just forget it.  But I am on the look out for unexplained shortages which could be the very early beginning of a quiet supply chain interruption.  Keep your eyes peeled because if real supply chain interruptions are coming and if you have not made preparations then early warning of the onset will be absolutely key.

Not complaining, just sayin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd wager that it was a quirk at that one store. When Amazon is now flying its own cargo jets to deliver its peddles, there seems to still be room upwards, even if thinks rarely collapse orderly.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More