Tuesday, December 24, 2013

When will the patsies ever learn?

I love America.  Every uneducated, ignorant and not even very bright citizen has an opinion which, for whatever reason, they believe to be worth hearing.  It doesn't matter how many times they are proven wrong, they still stick to foolish beliefs.  It's as if having life come too easily compared to people in other countries has rotted the American brain over time.

And in no area more than economics is this true.  All of these age old Keynesian lies keep surfacing and the tellers of the falsehoods oftentimes vehemently argue their positions.  At least we have good old Mish to keep them honest.  In today's post he addresses a few common Keynesian economic lies that I myself have had had to debunk with family and friends.  Did I say "debunk"?  I meant "try to debunk".  All of these people know that I have spent thousand of hours studying how the economy really works.  All of them will admit that they pretty much only read the headlines because, well, doing more than that is time consuming.  But few of them ever actually listen when I try to explain the truth of the matter. 

This is, in fact, why I started blogging instead of writing so many emails to family and friends about what is going on.  I got tired of hearing my friends and family spew the government's lies back at me as if they were obvious truths.  Now to be sure, there are a few very good and very smart folks who I get to exchange emails with from time to time on these matters (you know who you are), but their numbers are in the 5% range even after all of these years of open scammery that I told them in advance must come.

I've learned that their behavior is simply herding instinct in practice.  They hear something from someone who they believe that most others hold in high regard and they then go off and repeat what that person said without ever really understanding it.  In most cases, that someone is a con man from academia, someone on the state controlled media, someone who has won a Nobel prize in economics, someone who is a career politician.  If only I could figure out the details of what make some people so "listenable" to the the herd!  What is it about their voice, their look, etc. that engenders trust and confidence?  Is it simply the art of telling people what they want to hear?  As in "tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies"?  And what does it finally take for them to snap out of their trances??

Maybe I'll spend more time thinking about those things.  In the meantime I am looking for evidence as to whether or not the foolish patsies who voted for this corrupt douche of a president are waking up to their idiocy.  I mean the con is over when the confidence goes. How much confidence can anyone having in Obama when a key tenet of his namesake program has been named Lie of the Year by PolitiFact.com?

If Obamacare delivered to us the lie of the year then certainly people have to agree that Obama himself is rightfully the liar of the year?  When are we going to wake up and impeach this useless loser of a scam artist?  Come on Millennials, it's you he is screwing with this Obamacare scam!  Wake the flock up and just say no!  Alternatively, just go ahead and let the boomers flock you over yet again, patsies.  You certainly got the government you deserve.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More